How to Start a Team
To start a team, we suggest the following:
1. Find a teacher who will be able to help you with the team and has time available to host team meetings. Many teachers already mentor clubs (such as robotics, gaming, anime, etc) and they can be great resources to reach out to for starting your team. If you can't find a teacher to help with the team, try talking to your school's activities staff member for direction.
2. Find interested students to join the team. Get the word out about your team with posters or flyers or talk to students about the team during club day at your school. Remember that a team with all types of students is important - it isn't necessary to love games to want to play esports.
3. Work with your teacher advisor to plan out meeting days and times and to finalize any paperwork your school might need to make your team official.
4. Reach out to interested students about the finalized team meeting days and times. We suggest creating an email list with emails from each student to keep in touch. Plan out some topics for the first meetings to keep things on track. Your teacher advisor can help with this.
5. Host your first team meeting.
6. Get Partnered with HSEL!
Once your team is up and running you can delegate leadership and work on team building activities. We suggest meeting multiple times per week for practice and to build teamwork.
For more information on running team/club meetings sign up for our partnership club program!